Blackboard: Language Resources Policy for World Language Courses
All Michigan Virtual world language courses, with the exception of American Sign Language and Chinese, require the completion of a World Language Resources Policy quiz to ensure it is understood. Students must pass the quiz in this section with 100% accuracy before certain portions of their course are available.
This process describes how to access the quiz within your Blackboard course.
- First, access the world language course.
- Next, tap Unit 0 – Student Orientation from the left navigation menu.
- Then select the World Language Resources Policy link on the right.
- At this point, two assignments will be displayed, one for policy and the other the quiz.
- Next, tap the World Language Resources Policy link at the top of the page to review the policy.
- When you have finished reviewing the policy, return to the course and tap WLRP Quiz.
- Then tap the Begin button to start the quiz.
- Next, answer the questions and tap the Save Answer button to the right of each.
- When finished, tap the Save and Submit button at the bottom of the page.
Note: Students are allowed three attempts to obtain a score of 100% on this quiz. If a student is unable to obtain this score, he or she will be expected to contact their instructor. The quiz has an adaptive release rule that is tied to other aspects of the course. The adaptive release rule is different for each of our different vendor courses. Here’s how they work:
- Aventa courses: The unit exams and semester exams are hidden until students get 100% on the quiz.
- Florida Virtual School (FVS) courses: Like the MIL courses, the link to the content (Lessons) is hidden until students get 100% on the quiz.
- Middlebury Interactive Languages (MIL) courses: The hyperlink to CAP in Lessons is hidden until students get 100% on the quiz.