Clearinghouse: Landing Page Guidelines
Project contributors must adhere to landing page guidelines when linking to Research Clearinghouse resources. This process describes those guidelines for maintaining the components.
- First, the following language must be included in the “About” section of the landing page:
“The K-12 Online and Blended Learning Clearinghouse is a collaborative effort led by the International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL) and the Michigan Virtual Learning Research Institute to provide a repository of references to research articles and other publications from the field of K-12 online and blended learning. Click here for more information about the Research Clearinghouse.”
- Next, be sure to add a link to the Research Clearinghouse’s Advanced Search page.
- Then keep up-to-date on keywords and their links on partner landing pages. Michigan Virtual/iNACOL will continually update a list of keywords used to organize the Research Clearinghouse, keywords include: At-Risk, Blended Learning, Competency-Based Learning, Evaluation, Online Assessment, Online Survey Methodology, Online Professional Development, Special Education, Standards and Virtual Schools.
- Next, update the Date Added information to assist users in identifying newly-added resources. The Research Clearinghouse will use a convention where the month and year a resource was added is captured in the keyword field. Below is a complete list of date keywords and permalinks for the first year of the Research Clearinghouse. These date keywords must also be kept up-to-date on a project contributor’s landing page.
- Finally, ensure that the project contributor’s information is up to date. An example of a project contributor is the Center on Online Learning and Students with Disabilities (COLSD).