Clearinghouse: Generate the Output File
In order to import resources into the Research Clearinghouse, project contributors must export the files from their bibliographic software. The process below describes how to export those resources.
- First, select the appropriate export method below.
- Finally, continue by Submitting the Output File.
- First, click on the style selection drop-down menu from the main EndNote toolbar.
- Next, tap “Select Another Style”.
- Then browse to RefMan (RIS) Export and select “Choose”.
- Next, click on the file menu and select “Export”.
- Then pick a name and location for the text file and click “Save”.
Note: With EndNote X or later to export your entire library uncheck “Export Selected References”. With EndNote X1 and later, also make sure that on the “Export File Name” screen, the “Output Style” is set to “RefMan (RIS) Export.”
- Next, open the text file you exported from EndNote in Microsoft Word. When Word prompts you for the encoding option,select “Other Encoding” and “Unicode (UTF-8)” as the options.
- Finally, in Word select “File > Save As” and save the document with a new name as plain text with Windows-default as the encoding option.
- First, login to Google Scholar.
- Next, tap the Settings option.
- Then under the Bibliography manager section, change the “Show Links to Import Citations into” line to “RefMan”.
- Next, click Save and then search using Google Scholar.
- Finally save reference as a .ris file and then click on the “Import into RefMan” link below each search result.
- First, from the desktop version of Mendeley, select, File> Export.
- Next, save the file in the RIS format type.