PLP: First Time User Registration
The Professional Learning Portal offers online courses to learners for the purpose of supporting their professional development, obtaining State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) credits and/or completing professional development requirements. This document describes how to register and enroll in your first course(s).
Users who wish to register without enrolling in a course should follow the Register without an Enrollment process.
- First, open a browser to access the Professional Learning Portal.
- Users can find courses by entering key terms in the Search field or alternatively tap Advanced Filters to narrow the offerings based on different search criteria. Results will display automatically as the filters are populated.
Note: Credit Type can be used to select between SCECH and Non-SCECH (e.g. Compliance) courses. Credit Range is not used for Non-SCECH courses.
- Next, review the basic course information, cost and credit hours as it pertains to the course. Select the “Full Description” link if you require additional information. Continue by tapping the Add button next to the desired course. Repeat steps 1-3 if you are interested in additional courses.
- Then click the Continue button within the Cart summary to continue with registration requirements.
- Next, complete the New Learner Registration form located on the right side of the page. All fields with a star are required. Please double check that the email you provided is correct as you will receive your login and course registration information via this email address.
If you want to earn SCECHs, you need to provide your PIC code. To review Michigan Virtual’s Terms and Services, click on the blue link above the Save button.
- Then click the Save button to complete the registration form.
- Finally, users will be logged in automatically and can proceed to the course from the dashboard. It is recommended that users check their inbox for an email containing your system generated username and password along with Login instructions. This information is needed when accessing the Professional Learning Portal in the future.