Blackboard: Discussion Board
Instructors use discussion boards to encourage students to interact with classmates and to share ideas. This process describes how to access and use this board within the Blackboard Learning Management System.
- First, access your course.
- Next, tap “Discussion Board” from the left navigation menu.
Note: This option may be customized by your mentor, in general, look for “Discussions” or “Discussion Board”.
- Then take the appropriate action(s):
Search for a Topic
- First, press the Search button at the top of the page to display the search filters.
- Next, type related keywords in the Search bar and then press the Go button.
Note: Narrow results further by using the After and Before date pickers.
Reply to a Post
- First, select the hyperlinked number in the “Unread Posts” column in the appropriate row.
- Next, tap the Reply link.
- Then populate the Message field with your reply.
- Finally, press the Submit button.
Note: If you are unable to submit, please contact the Customer Care Center.