MOCC: Creating Course Offerings
Note: If a district is only offering the online course to students within its district, the district can satisfy the 21f requirements of providing Michigan Virtual with the course syllabi information in a form and method prescribed by the department by completing only the Add New Course Syllabi and Course Review steps. By opting not to create a course offering with terms and pricing, however, the course syllabi and review will not appear in the Local District Catalog search interface available through Michigan’s Online Course Catalog.
- First, click on the Course Management icon and then select Search Course Offering.
- At this point, tap the Add New button.
- Next, select the appropriate catalog in which the course will be displayed and choose the appropriate term that the course will be available by using the drop-down fields.
- Then use the filters to narrow your search results or simply look in the grid below to select a course(s) you added during the Add New Course Syllabi process. Proceed by placing a check next to the courses that you would like to associate the term with. When all of the appropriate courses are selected, click the Continue button.
- The selected courses will now require you to assign the appropriate pricing option.
Note: To Manage Pricing on all courses, use the drop-down menu at the top of the grid.
- Continue by pressing the Save & Continue button.
- Next, assign the number of seats available in the course by entering the appropriate number in the “Enter Number of Seats” column.
Note: To apply the same number of seats to all courses, use the drop-down menu at the top of the grid.
- Finally, tap the Submit button.
Last updated on February 25, 2020