MOCC: Course Review – Vendor
Third party courses are also subject to the Model Review Process for Online Courses. Once this review is complete, results of the review will be published to the Michigan’s Online Course Catalog. The inherent benefit for districts who wish to create offerings using third party provider syllabi is that this review is already completed and in place at the point of a catalog offering creation, and will not have to be conducted a second time.
First, select the Course Management tab.
- Next, click the “Yes” or “No” link within the Review column for the selected syllabus.
Note: Course offerings will only appear to public users searching the Local District and Statewide catalogs where the course review contains all 52 ratings. Once the ratings have been applied, the Review Completed column on the Search Course page will change from “No” to “Yes”.
- Then use the drop-down fields to apply a rating to a standard and in the Comments box for any clarifying text.
Note: The “Apply Rating to All” drop-down menu can be used to fill all of the drop-downs below with the same rating.
- Next, select the appropriate option within the fields and then select the Continue button.
- Then continue through the Instructional Design, Student Assessment, Technology, and the Course Evaluation and
Support sub tabs.
- Next, select the appropriate option within the Review From, Review Conducted By, and Date Of Review drop-down
menus. If your review was conducted by an organization that is not in the drop-down menu, please contact
the Customer Care Center.
- Then press the Submit button.
- At this point, the review information has been saved. Now tap the OK button.
An alternative option to completing a course review following steps 3-7 above is to use the Excel template provided to upload your review information.
- First, click the “Download the template” link.
- Next, complete the template by entering the course ratings and comments on the Review Sheet tab of the Excel file.
Note: Do not work or edit any information within the Upload tab of the Excel file.
- Then save the Excel file with the completed review information.
- Next, click the Upload Course Review button within the course review screens and then click on the Choose File button. Locate and select the saved Excel file.
- Finally, complete the Review From, Review Conducted By, and Date Of Review drop-down menus click Submit.
Last updated on February 25, 2020