PLP: Course Access and Navigation
When a course has been purchased in the Professional Learning Portal, learners will use the following process to access and navigate through their course starting with the Dashboard.*
- To begin, access the Active Courses module within your personalized Dashboard and click the linked text within the Course column.
- Next, the course will open in a new window in which you can navigate through the course.
- There are two navigation menus at the top left of the page, My PLP and Course Links. My PLP contains links to general resources that do not pertain to any one course. Clicking this link will result in displaying My Home, My Account, Course Catalog, SCECH Policies, Knowledge Base and Customer Care. Course Links provides you with the information you will need to navigate the course. Selecting this option will display Course Home, Content, News, Discussions and Grades menu options.
- My PLP
- Select My Home to return to the Professional Learning Portals home page to view other courses, news, policies and bookmarks.
- My Account will bring you back to your Dashboard (List of Active Courses, Completed Courses, etc.).
- To browse or purchase another course, click the Course Catalog option.
- Click SCECH Policies to browse the catalog and to see additional SCECH related materials.
- Once selected, Knowledge Base will open a new window leading learners to the help guides relating to the Professional Learning Portal.
- Clicking Customer Care will take learners to the help portal in which tickets can be submitted to report issues or request additional assistance.
- Course Links
- Choose Course Home to return to the course home page. This page will provide the course details or the Content page depending on how your course is setup.
- The Content link provides table of contents, bookmarks, course schedule and an overview.
- News offers course related information.
- Discussions is an area in which conversations can take place.
- Grades will allow learners to view their progress within the course.
- My PLP
- Courses will contain a side menu bar to view each section of the course. The page will contain a progress bar, linked topics, progress bar, and task status icons next to the topics.
- Finally, once the learner has completed the course, proceed to the Completion Certificate process.
*This process excludes PCG and ed2go courses.