Many Michigan Virtual courses do not allow Google formatted assignments. Please follow the appropriate methods to convert your assignment(s).
Download MS Word (docx) Files on a Chromebook
In courses, you may have assignments where you may be required to download Word (docx) files. If you are using a Chromebook that does not have the Word program then you may find that when you click on the link to download the file, you get a blank screen. Follow the process below to download MS Word Files on your Chromebook.
- First, two finger click on the link and select to save link as and then save the file.
- Next, go to your files and drag the file from where you saved it to Google Drive.
- Then, open up your Google Drive and it should show up in your recent files. You can then open the file and edit as necessary.
- At this point, you may turn the file(s) by following either the:
Convert a single Google file to Microsoft Office Format
If a you have created a file in Google Drive and are asked to convert it to Microsoft Office format, please follow the process outlined below.
- Begin by opening the document in the appropriate editor.
- Next, select File and choose Download As and select Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint format.
- Then your browser will download the file to your Chromebook.
- Complete the action by locating the file and attaching it to your assignment.
Convert Multiple Files from Google to Microsoft Office Format (Google Drive)
If a you have created multiple files in Google Drive and are asked to convert them to Microsoft Office format, please follow the process outlined below.
- First, go to the Google Drive website and then sign in with your Google account.
- Then locate and click files you need to convert.
- Next, right-click the selected documents and select Download.
- Finally, your browser will download a single zip file which will contain the selected files.
Last updated on March 9, 2021