Blackboard: Test Browser Configuration
This process describes how to test browser plug-ins and settings that may prevent student’s from accessing course materials.
- First, access your course.
- Next, tap the My Bb @ Michigan Virtual tab in the top right menu.
- Then select the Getting Help tab in the top left menu.
- Next, locate the Browser Checker module and then tap the Check Your Browser button within it.
- As a result, the Browser Test page will appear. Items with a green check mark passed the test. Items that appear with a red X to the left are missing components.
- Next, ensure all required components are green.
- Then tap the Display an Alert and Display a Pop-up buttons. If either test fails, students will need to Disable Pop-up Blocking.
- Finally, tap the linked files to ensure you can download/view each format: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, and pdf.
If you are experiencing issues after performing the steps above, please contact the Customer Care Center.