Brightspace: View Progress Summary
Michigan Virtual offers courses within a few different Learning Management Systems (LMS). The most common is Blackboard and the newest is Brightspace. If you are having trouble locating your students progress in Blackboard it could be because the student is taking a Brightspace course. The steps below to describe how to locate which system(s) your student is utilizing and how to access that system to view progress.
- First, determine which LMS platform(s) the student is accessing to take their course.
- Begin by logging into the Student Learning Portal.
- Next, tap the Students tab in the top menu bar.
- Then select the linked name of the student you would like to view progress for.
- As a result, the Basic Information page will be displayed. Locate the LMSIDs area to find the table containing a list of Learning Management System(s) being utilized by this student.
- Next, open the Learning Management System to view student progress. If the student is taking courses in Blackboard, follow SLP: Monitor Progress. To view progress in Brightspace, follow the steps outlined below:
- Start by tapping the MySLP tab in the top menu bar.
- Then select Go to LMS from the left menu.
- At this point, you will need to tap the appropriate icon to the left of Brightspace LS.
- As a result, Brightspace will open. Scroll down the My Students widget to view a list of students you are mentoring.
- Next, locate the student and then expand Student Summary.
- Finally, tap the course name to view Progress Summary which includes, Grades, Discussions, Assignments, Quizzes, Course Access, and Login History.
Last updated on April 3, 2020