Quizzes in Brightspace are used to evaluate your progress and/or knowledge retention. Questions may or may not be selected randomly, and may or may not be the same for each student. The questions are then graded, either manually or automatically. Key information about quizzes have been outlined below to assist you in understanding the quiz before you begin your attempt.
- First, access your Brightspace course.
- Next, tap Lessons from the Navbar. As a result, a list of units and assignments will be displayed. Quizzes will be identified by a question mark within a black square.
- Now, tap the linked title to open the quiz summary page. This page will highlight the important quiz information such as:
- Points. This will tell you how many points will be received for taking this quiz, what types of questions will be asked (multiple choice, written, etc.) and how many attempts you can submit.
- Quiz Details. This section will display the current time (you can update this time by tapping “Update” after you have reviewed the quiz summary page), time allowed and number of attempts allowed.
- Instructions. Review all instructions carefully to ensure you understand the expectations of this quiz.
Note: Some quizzes/tests will be password protected. Your mentor will provide you with this password before you can begin.
- Once you begin the quiz there will be a few features you will want to be aware of, these are:
- Time Limit. The time displayed is the total time you have to complete this quiz.
- Time Left. This clock will count backwards from the Time Limit until reaching 0. Any responses entered after the time limit expires will not be submitted.
- Attempt. The attempt (number of times you have attempted this quiz) count is displayed at the top of the page.
- Page. On the left side of the screen are bookmarks to each question by page. Questions that you have selected an answer for will be indicated by a check mark. Those unanswered will show two dashes.
- Questions. Each question will display the number of points the question is worth and will have a check mark with the word “Saved” next to it for answered questions that have been stored.
- Submit Quiz. This button should be pressed once all questions have a response selected.
Note: After tapping this button, you will see a Quiz Submission Confirmation page. Choose to either Submit Quiz or go Back to Questions.
- Once you have tapped Submit Quiz your responses will be shown. Quiz questions that do not require instructor review will display the points earned for each question. Questions (such as written responses) that require review will have a grade applied at a later time. Tap Done to return to the Submissions page.
- Finally, tap Start Quiz! to begin.
Last updated on April 13, 2020