The Discussions tool is a collaboration area to post, read and reply to threads on different topics, share thoughts about course materials and ask questions, share files, or work with your peers on assignments and/or homework.
- First, within the Lessons page, tap a discussions tile (indicated by chat icon and/or “Discussion” text in title) to open.
- Then review the instructions for this topic and tap “Discussion Board Rubric” for details on how you will be graded.
- Next, a majority of discussion threads will not be visible until you have created your initial response (discussion thread). To create a discussion thread, tap the Start a New Thread button and complete the following steps:
- First, insert text for the Subject line.
- Next, insert text in the open text area below the Subject line. Use the top editor tools to add formatting, links, pictures or videos as desired. Then use the bottom tools to check spelling, use HTML and more.
- Then expand Add Attachments to include a file with this post. You may upload, record or choose an existing file.
- Finally, tap Post to submit your discussion thread.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Assuming you are viewing a post after you followed the process above, you will locate the thread you want to reply to by scrolling down the page. Next, tap the discussion title highlighted in blue. Then tap the Reply to Thread button. The form will appear to reply and the subject will automatically populate. Finally, insert your response in the open text area and then tap the Post button.
- If you choose to reply to discussions using the Discussions page from the Navbar. First, scroll down the list of discussions and then tap the linked title, or select the drop-down to the right and choose View Topic. Once the thread is shown, scroll down to see all responses. To reply, tap the linked topic created by a peer and then press the Reply to Thread button. Finally, insert your response in the open text area and then tap the Post button.
- As students navigate through the course Lessons there will be an activity to participate in a discussion. Students will create a discussion thread to earn a grade based on a rubric. Student’s will then use the Discussions page to view all discussions within the course and to view responses to threads of interest. Students should collapse all discussions and then expand the threads of interest.
- Student’s can choose to follow a discussion thread by using the subscriptions feature. Each thread you view using the Lessons page contains a start located to the left of linked text “Subscribe.” Simply tap this link to subscribe and choose your notification method. Perform one of the following options.
- Choose Show notifications in minibar only if you would like an indicator to be displayed over the Update Alerts (bell) icon.
- Select Send me an instant notification if you would like a message sent to your phone. Note: You will need to setup your phone information within your profile settings.
- Tap Include in my summary of activity to add this thread notification within the Summary of Activity report sent to you by email.
Last updated on July 15, 2020