Blackboard: Using VoiceThread for ASL Courses
VoiceThread is an online audio and visual tool used in many American Sign Language (ASL) courses. Students have their own accounts and identities and as a result can actively participate in the online ASL signing activities. This process describes how to access the VoiceThread tutorial and quiz.
- First, access the ASL course.
- Then tap Unit 0 – Student Orientation from the left menu.
- Next, select the Understanding our Course folder link.
- Now tap the Let’s Learn VoiceThread link.
- At this point, the “How To Use VoiceThread” lesson will open in a new window.
- Then use the “Next Page” link at the bottom of the page after you have reviewed the material.
- At the end of the lesson, close the window and return the ASL course in Blackboard.
- Next, tap VoiceThread Review Quiz from the Understanding our Course page.
- Then tap the Begin button to start the assessment.
- Finally, complete questions and tap the Save and Submit button.