MOCC: Add Student Performance Information
The State School Aid Act requires districts or Independent School Districts (ISD) who offered an online course through Section 21f to provide Michigan Virtual with:
the number of enrollments in each online course the district or ISD offered to pupils in the immediately preceding school year, and
the number of enrollments in which the pupil earned 60% or more of the total course points for each online course.
This document describes how to record the required information within Michigan’s Online Course Catalog.
- First, login to Michigan’s Online Course Catalog.
- Then click the icon located in the “Edit” column of the appropriate course row.
- Next, select the Performance Data tab and then press the Add Year button.
- As a result, a pop-up window will appear.
- Then choose the appropriate option from the School Year drop-down field.
- Next, enter the number of students who were enrolled in the course for which an 80% enrollment payment was kept, within the Enrollment Count field. If the course was offered during the preceding year, but there were no enrollments, please enter the number “0”.
- Then type the number of enrollments in the course in which the pupil earned 60% or more of the total course points inside the Pass Count field. If the course was offered during the preceding year, but there were no enrollments, please enter the number “0”.
- Next press the Submit button to apply the data to the course syllabi view.
- Finally, tap the Submit button within the Performance Data tab.
- The Completion Rate field is automatically calculated by dividing the number of enrollments in which the pupil earned 60% or more of the total course points by the number of enrollments report for the course.
- The Notes field is not required, but is available for you to enter up to 300 characters of notes that will be displayed to the public when viewing the course information.
- The data entered will be available to public users when they view a course syllabi. This data is displayed on the Student Performance Data tab.