MOCC: Add New Course Syllabi
Districts are responsible for producing a syllabus as a condition of offering an online course within Michigan’s Online Course Catalog. This process describes how to add course syllabus information to a course for the purpose of displaying it in local and/or statewide catalogs.
Note: Fields required for saving the course syllabus are marked with an asterisk (*) and those required to change the display status from Inactive are indicated by the orange plus sign (+).
- First, select the Course Management tab on the top menu bar.
- Then click the Add New button just below the search filters.
- Next, complete the fields provided within the Course Info tab.
- Then proceed to enter course SCED information by tapping the Continue button.
- Next, select the appropriate option in each drop-down field within the Course SCED Info page. For assistance, select the “Help Determining SCED Information” link at the top of the page.
- Then press the Continue to insert the Course Description.
- Next, complete the fields provided within the Course Description tab. Please keep in mind, section 21f(12)(B) requires online course syllabus to include specific components (see Guidelines and Model Review Process for Online Courses).
- Then tap the Continue button to add performance data.
- Next, press the Add Year button to display student performance for the year.
Note: Section 21f(7)(c) requires districts or ISDs who offered online courses through Section 21f to provide Michigan Virtual with a) the number of enrollments in each online course the district or ISD offered to pupils in the immediately preceding school year, and b) the number of enrollments in which the pupil earned 60% or more of the total course points for each online course. Enter the number of enrollments in the course of which you kept the 60-80% enrollment payment. If the course was offered during the preceding year, but there were no enrollments, please enter the number “0”.
- Then tap the Submit button on the pop-up window to apply the performance data for the year.
- Finally, click the Submit button to then display the performance data within the course syllabus and continue to the Course Review process.