MOCC: Add Courses
Section 21f of the State School Aid Act allows students in grades 6 through 12 who are enrolled in a Michigan public local district or public school academy (not including full-time cyber schools) to take up to two online courses per academic term with consent from their parent or guardian. The site is populated with course titles and syllabi submitted by local school districts, intermediate school districts and Michigan Virtual. This process describes the steps that will need to be followed to add courses to Michigan’s Online Course Catalog.
- First, Search the database to determine if your course has already been created.
- If the course has not been added, proceed to step 2.
- If the course has been added, do not continue.
- Next, ensure that the Course Pricing option for this course has been established.
- Then make sure that you have created a Course Term to specify when the course will be available.
- Next, Add Course Syllabi to the database.
- Then Create Course Offerings to display the syllabus and any additional course information on Michigan’s Online Course Catalog.
- Finally, ensure the Course Review contains all 52 ratings.
Last updated on February 25, 2020