RFP: K-12 Student Learning Management System
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to select a long-term partner for a new Learning Management System (LMS) for our Student Learning Services. We are seeking a robust, user-friendly, cloud-based LMS from a vendor with current experience integrating with Genius SIS. Consequently, only vendors who have functional integrations with their LMS to the Genius SIS may submit a response.
By releasing this RFP, Michigan Virtual makes no guarantee of any awards of work to any respondents now or in the future.
Please direct all correspondence and questions related to this RFP and the required elements as indicated below.
- Letter of Intent is requested by November 1, 2019. In order to be considered as participant, the Letter of Intent and NDA must be submitted no later than with the vendor’s final proposal on November 15, 2019.
- Emailed questions are welcome as soon as NDA and Letter of Intent is submitted. We will be providing answers regularly in a single location shared with participating vendors. Finally, we will have a call for review of questions on or near November 13, 2019.
- Submit one (1) electronic copy of your proposal by email to the contact below, and one (1) printed and signed hard copy of your proposal no later than Noon, November 15, 2019. Please note that the submission of the emailed materials will be the measure of on-time delivery rather than the arrival of the printed materials.
Michigan Virtual reserves the right to not consider late or incomplete proposals. Amendments to proposals will be included in our review only when they are received by the above deadline.
The single point of contact for RFP #10252019:
920 Municipal Way, Lansing, MI 48917
- October 25, 2019 – RFP is posted to the Michigan Virtual website with Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- November 1, 2019 – Vendors submit required NDA and Letter of Intent to be participants in the process and to be granted access to a sandbox instance of current LMS. Vendor questions may be submitted by email and answers will be provided within 1 business day.
- November 12, 2019 – Last day for vendor questions to be submitted via email.
- November 13, 2019 at 1pm-1:55pm EST – Michigan Virtual conference call with vendors to review and respond to questions.
- November 15, 2019 – Written Proposals due to Michigan Virtual at Noon EST.
- November 22, 2019 – Finalist notification to selected vendors.
- December 9, 2019 – Finalist presentations complete and sandbox testing complete.
- December 16, 2019 – Award notice to vendors.
- December 30, 2019 – Completion of contracting.
- January 7, 2020 – Preliminary Project kick-off meeting.
- January 13, 2020 – Production environment set-up completed.
- February 14, 2020 – Completion of contracting.
- February 17, 2020 – Course copying for pilot.
- February 29, 2020 – Pilot production environment is launched to students.