Michigan LearnPort added a sixth national provider of content with the addition of 10 Atomic Learning courses.
Atomic Learning offers courses in 21st-century skills training on subjects relevant to modern teaching techniques. Tutorial series teach complex subjects in short videos which are available at any time, from any location. Schools which currently subscribe to the Atomic Learning 21st Century Skills package can access this material at no charge through Michigan LearnPort.
Atomic Learning’s Michigan LearnPort offerings incorporate relevant topics with commonly used software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Earth, Comic Life and others. Courses on cyberbullying and social networking emphasize safe and responsible Web 2.0 use.
The 10 courses added are:
- Comic Life: Infusing 21st Century Skills
- Cyberbullying and Web 2.0
- Excel 2007 (PC): Infusing 21st Century Skills
- Excel 2008 (Mac): Infusing 21st Century Skills
- Google Docs: Collaborate and Present
- Google Earth 5: Infusing 21st Century Skills
- PowerPoint 2008 (Mac): Infusing 21st Century Skills
- Social Networking – Safe and Responsible Use
- Wikis: Infusing 21st Century Skills
- Word 2007 (PC): Integrating Technology with Word Search
About Michigan Virtual
Michigan Virtual is a private, nonprofit Michigan corporation established by the State of Michigan in 1998 to serve as a champion for online learning. It is the parent organization of the Michigan Virtual for Students and Michigan Virtual Learning Research Institute.